Department of Children’s Services Bradford Central PRU
Full-time Teacher x 2 (permanent posts) – Jesse Street PRU
Post Reference: EC883612
Grade/Scale - Teacher MPS/UPS +2SEN
Based at Jesse Street Pupil Referral Unit, Jesse Street, Bradford, BD8 0JQ
Jesse Street is a purpose built Secondary Pupil Referral Unit (short stay school) in Bradford. We provide intensive learning programmes for 25 pupils who are referred to us through a well established Secondary Panel which represents the 3 Behaviour and Attendance partnerships made up of 29 Secondary Schools in Bradford. The centre offers 8-10 week placements working in collaboration with the referring schools. Throughout this inclusive practice an excellent reputation has been built with schools and other services towards children.
The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent mainstream school classroom practitioner
- have a track record of raising attainment
- will have experience in successfully managing behaviour
- be able to offer a practical subject as well as teaching across KS3/4
- demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of CP procedures
We can offer:
- a purpose built environment with excellent resources
- a friendly and supportive team
- a commitment to ongoing professional development
- varied and challenging work
- an opportunity to make a difference
Bradford Central PRU was judged to be good with outstanding features during the last Ofsted inspection in October 2008.
For further information please contact Karen Sullivan, Head of Centre on 01274 491986.
Interested candidates are requested to apply online for this post - job details can be downloaded below. Please ensure you read the application details and check you meet the criteria before completing an application form via the 'Apply Now' button.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Tuesday 24 April 2012
An enhanced disclosure check with the Criminal Records Bureau will be undertaken for each post.
We do not accept CVs.
You will be required to complete an application form for all posts.
Download Further Information Click here to view PDF
School Ofsted Report Click here to view online
Job contact details