Teacher, Beechcliffe Special School
Salary to be confirmed dependent on experience (MPS/UPS + 1 or 2 SEN points)
Fixed term from the 01/09/2019 to 31/08/2020 (or to start as soon as possible)
The Governing Body of Beechcliffe School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, talented and highly motivated teacher to work at our secondary, generic, special school. Candidates must be flexible, adaptable and willing to work with any age/ability range of pupils.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a good classroom practitioner with the drive, enthusiasm and skills to become an outstanding teacher
- Know how to inspire and motivate pupils to achieve high expectations in learning and behaviour
- Be able to create an exciting and vibrant learning environment for a range of learners
- Be able teach Literacy and Maths at Primary School level
- Be committed to the well-being and safety of all our pupils
- Be able, and committed, to working collaboratively and as part of a team.
- The successful candidate will join a highly experienced team and will receive support and training whilst working with us.
Primary trained teachers and NQTs are welcome to apply, a full support programme for NQTs is provided. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Kathryn Murphy on 01535 603041.
The successful candidate must be fluent in English – The Immigration Act 2016 has introduced a new requirement for public authorities from October 2016 to ensure that workers in customer facing roles speak fluent English. This is a statutory requirement.
Interested candidates are requested to apply online for this post - job details can be downloaded below. Please ensure you read the application details and check you meet the criteria before completing an application form via the 'Apply Now' button.
Closing Date: 9am, Friday 21st June 2019
Interviews: Monday 1st July 2019
Beechcliffe School is committed to safeguarding children and young people and all posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, appropriate references and a 3 month probationary period. Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.
Please note: CVs are not accepted for this post