Level 1 - SEMH Practitioner, Cottingley Village Primary School
Required as soon as possible
Level 1 - SEMH Practitioner
Term time only, 30 hours per week, Probationary period of 6 months before permanent contract considered
Cottingley Village Primary School is an inclusive, popular, friendly school. It has a forward thinking, dedicated and mutually supportive team and offers high standards of behaviour and relationships at all levels. The school is currently in the process of opening a Designated Specialist Provision for children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs.
The Designated Specialist Provision wishes to appoint a caring and enthusiastic learning assistant to support pupil learning across the primary age range. The appointed person must be highly flexible, resilient to working with children who may display challenging behaviour as the candidate will be required to work on a 1:1 basis with children whose primary need is social, emotional and mental health.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has good skills in English and Mathematics –educated to at least NVQ Level 2/GCSE grade C
- Has experience of and enthusiasm for working with children who have social, emotional and mental health needs
- Has an understanding of the challenges faced by children who have a primary need of social, emotional and mental health
- Shows resilience and compassion for children who display challenging behaviours and can work alongside them
- Has a willingness to learn and make the grade!
- Can work effectively as part of a team with a commitment to raising standards for all children
- Is a good communicator
- Is creative, flexible and can use their initiative effectively, often in challenging circumstances
- Will be a committed and hardworking member of our close and supportive team
We can offer you:
- A well resourced happy school with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Talented and supportive colleagues who can develop your skills in the classroom to benefit our fabulous children
- Friendly, enthusiastic and fun filled children who love to learn!
Visits to the school are warmly invited by appointment. For further information please contact the school on: 01274 567545.
Interested candidates are requested to apply online for this post - job details can be downloaded below. Please ensure you read the application details and check you meet the criteria before completing an application form via the 'Apply Now' button.
Closing Date: 5pm, Monday 4th March 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 12th March 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required
Please note: CVs are not accepted for this post