Full time and Permanent Key Stage 1 / Key Stage 2 Class Teacher, Low Ash Primary School
Full time and Permanent Key Stage 1 / Key Stage 2 Class Teacher
Required for September 2019
This post is suitable for MPS (including newly qualified or recently qualified teachers) and UPS teachers
Due to the retirement of an existing member of staff, Low Ash is seeking to appoint a Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2 class teacher. This is an exciting opportunity to join our successful, supportive and welcoming school. The post offers the successful candidate a chance to work alongside staff determined to further improve standards and life skills for children, in this well-resourced and community-spirited primary school in North Bradford.
Our Ofsted Inspection (May 2016) graded all areas as ‘Good’ and states:
‘Staff are proud to be members of the school… best practice is shared across school to strengthen teaching… teachers receive bespoke support that enables them to help pupils make good progress… the curriculum makes a strong contribution to pupils’ learning and personal development… pupils manage their conduct well both inside and outside of the classroom’.
You need to be:
- An effective practitioner who is reflective and able to consistently demonstrate high quality teaching
- Passionate about teaching and learning, forward-thinking, creative and innovative
- Confident that you have the ability to further raise achievement for pupils at Low Ash
- A friendly and supportive staff team
- Happy, enthusiastic and well-behaved learners with excellent attitudes to learning
- Knowledgeable and experienced school leaders who praise people when things go well and support and advise if things don’t go as well as planned
Interested candidates are requested to apply online for this post - job details can be downloaded below. Please ensure you read the application details and check you meet the criteria before completing an application form via the 'Apply Now' button.
Visits are warmly encouraged between Wednesday 13th and Friday 22nd March 2019- please contact Mrs Judith Gibson (School Business Manager) to make an appointment.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Wednesday 27th March 2019
Shortlisting and contacting of successful applicants: Monday 1st April 2019
Interviews and observation of teaching: Monday 8th April 2019
In line with the Immigration Act 2016, the Government has created a duty to ensure that all Public Authority staff working in customer facing roles can speak fluent English to an appropriate standard.
For this role the post holder is required to meet the Advanced Threshold Level. For the Advanced Threshold Level the post holder should demonstrate they can:
- express themselves fluently and spontaneously at length effortlessly
- explain difficult concepts simply without hindering the natural smooth flow of language
- take responsibility for promoting high standards of literacy, articulacy and the correct use of standard English in School
Low Ash Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required
Please note: CVs are not accepted for this post