Assistant Headteacher, St Matthew's CE Primary School
Leadership scale 6 to 10
Required for September 2019
St Matthew’s CE Primary School & Nursery is looking for an outstanding Assistant Headteacher to work in partnership with the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and current Assistant Headteacher to promote the vision, ethos and policies of the school in order to maintain and secure outstanding teaching and high standards of learning.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Lead the teaching a core subject (please state your preference and experience)
- Lead the school in the development of its distinctive Christian vision, enabling all pupils and adults to flourish
- Help lead and manage the implementation of strategic plans to identify priorities and targets for ensuring that pupils achieve high standards and make progress, increasing teachers’ effectiveness and securing school improvement
- Support all staff in achieving the priorities and targets that the school sets, and monitor the progress of identified priorities as part of the annual improvement cycle
- Support the evaluation of the effectiveness of the school’s policies and developments and analyse their impact on overall school effectiveness
- Work effectively with senior leadership colleagues to ensure a cohesive and dynamic approach towards continuous whole school development and improvement, ensuring consistency across school
- Maintain a thorough understanding of educational developments, that include current key educational developments and legislation
- Work as an exemplar class teacher in Year 6 each morning (small groups of 20) with management time for 4 afternoons
Is this you?
You will need to be enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated to primary education, with proven effective leadership skills. You must have a passion for the leadership of your chosen core subject, with proven ability to impact on standards. Parents, carers and colleagues must find you approachable, empathetic and at the same time, able to produce results.
What we can offer:
Becoming a member of St Matthew’s means working with enthusiastic, motivated and curious children, as well as supportive and friendly staff. There is a commitment to CPD for the right candidate, to support the development of leadership skills.
If this sounds like the role for you, then please arrange a visit to meet the team and fill out the online application.
Interested candidates are requested to apply online for this post - job details can be downloaded below. Please ensure you read the application details and check you meet the criteria before completing an application form via the 'Apply Now' button.
Please attach a supporting letter of no more than 2 sides, outlining your suitability for the role, curriculum experience and proven ability to improve standards within your currents educational setting.
Visits to school are encouraged. Please ring the HR & Office Manager,
Cara Dyer, on 01274 731693 to book a visit.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 3rd May 2019
Interviews to be held on Monday 20th May 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Apply now